Old Man River Project
United States Minnesota Lavinia
Like this Adventure 0 Likes
Old Man River Project is an modern day expedition to rediscover the Mississippi River with the explicit intent of supporting the mission of Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper.
The expedition has five main objectives.
1. Build a 32 foot wooden York Boat and name her ANNIE.
2. Travel the length of the Mississippi River from Bemidji, Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico in Louisiana – a distance of 2400 miles or 4000 km – without burning a tank a gas.
3. Document the expedition through words, images and video at www.oldmanriverproject.org so others can experience the Mississippi River online with us.
4. Promote and connect people to Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper.
5. Hand ANNIE over to Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper after reaching the Gulf of Mexico.